IOT Cathodic Protection Power Supply (IPS)
Remote site hardware:
Designed to be installed in a ventilated but insect and weather proof cubical in the field which has a source of power installed. Terminals are to be provided for connections to the pipe and the half cell. No forced ventilation required. Insect proof.
Separate current cable and Voltage a sensing cable are preferred for connection to the pipe. The IPS unit may be mounted high in the cubical, in a 19-inch rack or located on a shelf. The 1.6 mm steel case is zinc plated and white polyester powder coated or stainless steel. A permanent half cell is required, located correctly to give accurate readings. All pluggable connections are used, no tools required to replace the shelf-mounted version.
IPS V200 Features list:
- >>Servo control of CP level. Optionally current or Voltage control.
- >>Ability to survive without damage, high Voltage surges common on pipelines. These are caused by lightning or electricity mains earth faults.
- >>Case sealed against the intrusion of insects.
- >>Secure Internet or cell phone control and reporting from anywhere at any time via a Central server.
- >>Ability for each site to communicate data to and be controlled by a central server in real-time.
- >>Data communication for each site via VHF radio, Telephone landline, GSM or locally via USB, to a computer or the central server.
- >>An alarm state at any site communicated directly via SMS to any cell phone.
- >>The ability to log data at any site with programmable parameters.
- >>Synchronisation of a selected set of IPS units to facilitate an On/Off survey from the Central server.
- >>Optional ability to synchronise interruption about universal time (UT).
- >>Ability to start and stop an interruption session with programmable parameters.
- >>The ability at each site when interrupting, to not turn on for just 1 cycle and record and analyse the on / off Voltage at that site, due just to influence of its neighbors
- >>Site visits are only required if the remote data indicates a problem.
- >>No requirement to install extra equipment on-site just for an interruption session.
- >>No requirement to make adjustments on site.
- AC Mains or Battery power. 230 V AC, or a 12 / 24 V solar system
- Output Voltage capability: 1 to 120V DC or limited by the battery Voltage
- Output current capability 0 to 20 Amps.
- Control Modes using a PID servo. “Only active when passing current when interrupting.”
- Constant Anode Voltage
- Constant Pipe Current
- Constant Half cell Voltage for the pipe